Harvest - Farm Pictures

For the Harvest prompt I'm going to share some photos of two family farms. The first was the home of James Moore Adams and Rachel (McKeown) Adams. I wrote about them earlier in the year when I shared a photo of their large family. More recently I found some pictures of the farm where they lived in Nuckolls, Nebraska from two angles. The first shows the house and the barn as well as their children and a horse and buggy. The second shows James and Rachel at the front of their house




I've also received another picture from a cousin that shows the farm of another set of 2x great grandparents around the same time. I mentioned Tillie and John Edgar Briefly in my last post as Tillie was on of the Dodds siblings. She and John had two children that lived to adulthood and the family of four can be seen gathered outside their home in Dade Missouri. Their house looks significantly smaller than the Adams family, but that may simply be because they had a smaller family. A pile of wood to burn and a wagon can be seen in the background.



Both families sold these farms not too long after the pictures were taken and moved to Sterling Kansas, where the little girl from the Edgar photo met and married one of the little boys from the Adams photo.

Comments